- Viewed 37 times.Marilyn Manson DENIES involvement in 'sick' short film he appeared in which also sees Lana Del Rey pretend to be raped
- Viewed 33 times.Seven Paras bleeding to death in a minefield, and how the Daily Mail helped bring their awesome heroism to the big screen
- Viewed 32 times.Armenia imports cars mainly worth up to $5,000
- Viewed 26 times.Golden girl! Miranda Kerr takes the plunge in low-cut tank as she dazzles in metallic ensemble and matching snake clasp heels while promoting new fragrance
- Viewed 25 times.Israeli security services foil Hamas plot to assassinate foreign minister Lieberman
- Viewed 23 times.Rosie Huntington-Whiteley works off-duty style in patterned bomber jacket and cropped jeans as she runs errands in LA
- Viewed 16 times.Australian coal for fuel-hungry Ukraine reaches Mariupol port
- Viewed 16 times.Tiny parasitic tapeworm burrows its way through a man's brain for FOUR YEARS
- Viewed 15 times.Wigan in crisis: Owner Dave Whelan accused of racism and anti-semitism as Athletic lose shirt sponsor
- Viewed 15 times.Could 5:2 diet help to ward off cancer? Scientists say having longer periods without food could be good for us
- Viewed 14 times.Parliamentary elections in Japan appointed for December 14
- Viewed 13 times.New crew members arrive at International Space Station
- Viewed 13 times.Regional cooperation important to prevent new division lines in Europe — Belarus FM
- Viewed 13 times.World martial arts champion Emelianenko gets no permission to marry in jail
- Viewed 13 times.Parliamentary delegation attends Phonathon closing ceremony
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 17:42WikiLeaks founder: Google works for US State Department
- 16:20US researchers report successful trial of Ebola vaccine
- 15:24FC Zenit beats SL Benfica 1-0 in Champions League group stage match
- 14:04Sister of North Korean leader assumes senior position in ruling party
- 13:02Russian Marine troops being rearmed — commander
- 12:56Italy may lose some €3.7 billion in anti-Russian sanctions — study
- 12:21Armenia's Government changes draft budget 2015
- 11:55Russian FM urges active UN investigation into oil purchases from terrorists
- 18:30Group of Armenian Armed Forces carries out inspection in Turkey
- 17:21Mickey Rourke loses 15 kilos ahead of Moscow boxing match
- 16:11New breath test for Type 1 diabetes could spot signs in children long before they begin to develop symptoms
- 15:08Dramatic moment lifeboat rescued dog owner who followed his pet down cliff face in desperate attempt to save beloved animal
- 14:17Diplomats preparing to revise Helsinki Accords of 1975 — media
- 13:16Sarkozy: France should keep its word in Mistral deal with Russia
- 12:33World martial arts champion Emelianenko gets no permission to marry in jail
- 11:48Regional cooperation important to prevent new division lines in Europe — Belarus FM
- 10:42Merkel says sanctions against Russia still necessary
- 09:34Oil prices of $80 per barrel require no urgent measures — Russian energy minister
- 16:46Could 5:2 diet help to ward off cancer? Scientists say having longer periods without food could be good for us
- 16:19Europe turning into branch of US economic interests — Russian lawmaker
- 12:47 1915: Serj Tankian writes music to Armenian Genocide movie
- 12:15Soviet ice hockey coaching legend: remembering Viktor Tikhonov
- 11:58Ukraine’s energy company DTEK says Russian partners have suspended coal supplies
- 11:54Death toll from plague in Madagascar rises to 47
- 11:41Unknown men in balaclavas attack Communist Party office in West-Ukrainian city
- 11:16Ukrainian army’s Uragan rocket systems move in security zone in eastern Ukraine — OSCE
- 11:11Bulava missile to be launched from Alexander Nevsky submarine in late November — source
- 17:56Parliamentary delegation attends Phonathon closing ceremony
- 16:23Don't bother counting calories... it's the type of food that matters: Items high in fat may actually be good at keeping the weight off
- 15:55Russian Tennis Federation chief appeals disqualification over insult to Serena Williams
- 14:38Russian PM to visit Krasnodar Territory to discuss innovative technologies in agriculture
- 13:27New crew members arrive at International Space Station
- 12:21United States plans to increase military aid to Ukraine
- 11:19EU calls on Serbia to join sanctions against Russia rude — Russian lawmaker
- 18:08Armenia imports cars mainly worth up to $5,000
- 17:00Marilyn Manson DENIES involvement in 'sick' short film he appeared in which also sees Lana Del Rey pretend to be raped
- 16:57Tiny parasitic tapeworm burrows its way through a man's brain for FOUR YEARS
- 15:54Golden girl! Miranda Kerr takes the plunge in low-cut tank as she dazzles in metallic ensemble and matching snake clasp heels while promoting new fragrance
- 14:49Seven Paras bleeding to death in a minefield, and how the Daily Mail helped bring their awesome heroism to the big screen
- 13:40Israeli security services foil Hamas plot to assassinate foreign minister Lieberman
- 12:21Wigan in crisis: Owner Dave Whelan accused of racism and anti-semitism as Athletic lose shirt sponsor
- 11:40Australian coal for fuel-hungry Ukraine reaches Mariupol port
- 10:25Parliamentary elections in Japan appointed for December 14
- 18:18Rosie Huntington-Whiteley works off-duty style in patterned bomber jacket and cropped jeans as she runs errands in LA
- 17:10Migration service allowed 374 Armenians to enter Russia
- 16:15Russians spy on UK families via their webcams: Hackers use your computer to watch you at home then post photos online
- 15:48Spain's Duchess of Alba, one of Europe's wealthiest aristocrats, dies aged 88 after developing pneumonia
- 15:01England selectors have got it wrong again - George Ford is being hung out to dry
- 14:47Ukraine Aviation Service claims to fine Russian air carriers $17 mln for flights to Crimea
- 14:11US reports activity at plutonium-producing laboratory in North Korea
- 13:30Iran seeks to reach compromise on nuclear deal by November 24 deadline
- 12:28Moscow expects Kiev to return to concept of Contact Group’s Minsk meetings
- 11:27Project for global boycott of Russia fails — Federation Council speaker
- 17:40The desperate last days of Russian supermodel, 20, who took running leap from New York office building 'after joining brutal Rose of the World cult'
- 16:39Food to Eat Every Day for Perfect Skin
- 15:44Hong Kong protesters clash with police after barricades dismantled
- 14:28Russia provides credit of USD 270 million for extension of Armenian NPP's exploitation
- 14:23West takes every step to end cooperation under Vienna confidence-building treaty — Lavrov
- 14:20Solution to Iranian nuclear issue will stabilize Middle East — Lavrov
- 13:24Denmark offers Ukraine Danish windmills instead of Russian gas
- 11:36The return of King Canute: The giant dam Sam built to save his home was a defining image of last winter's floods. Now he's having to do it all over again - while Whitehall spends millions on flood defences ABROAD
- 17:13Wayne Rooney warns England's young players to keep cool in heat of battle against Scotland
- 15:49Police removing barricades in central Hong Kong
- 13:38German Foreign Minister’s visit to Moscow drawing special attention
- 12:33Vienna hosts decisive round of Iran nuclear talks
- 11:31Moscow hopes "point of no return" not passed in relations with EU — Lavrov
- 17:49Chiefs of CSTO General Staff agree to continue monitoring military-political situation
- 16:29More barbaric than ever, video that seeks to trigger an invasion
- 16:02Dutch court may rule on Yukos Int. vs Rosneft case on November 19
- 15:05Contact with Philae lost, says European Space Agency
- 12:37Post-Soviet security bloc to discuss setting up joint air, missile defense system
- 12:24Angela Merkel intends to raise question of Ukraine settlement at G20 summit
- 12:14Russian figure skaters win six medals at Grand Prix tournament in Moscow
- 11:46Russian President Putin says Ukraine needs federalization to settle conflict
- 18:21President Serzh Sargsyan observes military exercises in NKR
- 17:55Blondes have more fun! Taylor Swift, Kate Upton and Amanda Seyfried steal the limelight at star-studded NY Knicks game
- 17:08Appeal of the NKR Commission on prisoners of war and the missing persons to the ICRC
- 16:26Russian lawmaker warns PACE against "following Ukraine’s bad example"
- 15:31Armenia's President pays working visit to Karabakh
- 15:15No obstacles created for OSCE observers in eastern Ukraine — Donetsk republic ministry
- 14:01Russia allocates $20 million to fight Ebola virus disease, vaccine is being developed
- 14:00Washington should take first step to improve Russia-US relations — Medvedev
- 13:58EU may lose 1 trillion euros over sanctions against Russia — Kremlin advisor
- 13:53Qatar to keep 2022 World Cup despite Fifa report criticism of its bid
- 13:49EU Special Rep. States Desire to Visit Artsakh
- 12:48U.S. Department of State denounced downing of helicopter by Azerbaijani armed forces
- 12:40ANCA urges White House to cut off military aid to Azerbaijan
- 11:29Azerbaijan closes airspace above Nagorno-Karabakh after helicopter shooting
- 11:24Medvedev has brief talks with US president — PM’s spokesperson
- 18:36Star power Down Under! Russell Crowe follows the footsteps of Angelina Jolie and Chris Hemsworth bringing his world premiere of The Water Diviner to Sydney
- 17:30Want to find the holy grail of income and growth? Boost your income with funds that don't like big firms
- 17:18Mi-24 helicopter of the NKR Air Force was shot by Azerbaijani armed forces
- 17:09Defense Ministry doesn’t confirm information on 3 dead
- 16:21'I was the last person he saw': Navy SEAL Rob O'Neill tells how Osama Bin Laden looked him straight in the eyes before he shot him dead and 'ended the war'
- 15:39Arsenal shy away from the dirty work
- 14:01One Direction to take part in charity single against Ebola
- 13:03ISS to carry out evasive maneuver from Chinese satellite’s debris — Roscosmos
- 12:33Putin gives command to start power unit at Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP
- 11:30Russia to send seventh aid convoy to east Ukraine
- 10:24Russia’s upper house speaker upbeat on Merkel statement on no further EU sanctions