- Viewed 25 times.Nagorno Karbakh Republic Defense Ministry: Enemy shot towards Armenian positions from rifle and artillery weapons
- Viewed 24 times.Nagorno- Karabakh Republic Defence Army: Azerbaijani side is responsible for creation of tension on front line
- Viewed 16 times.Karabakh Defense Ministry: Adversary fires TR-107 artillery rocket in direction of Armenian frontlines
- Viewed 9 times.Defense Army does not have any casualties or injured: Karabakh Defense Ministry denies Azerbaijani misinformation
- Viewed 9 times.Nagorno Karabakh Republic Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani side violated ceasefire for 80 times last night
- Viewed 6 times.NA fourday session: it is intended to hold discussion over issue of putting draft Constitution to referendum
- Viewed 6 times.Last night Azerbaijani side violated ceasefire for 130 times on contact line
- Viewed 5 times.Bordyuzha: CSTO peacekeeping forces must always be ready for peaceful actions
- Viewed 5 times.Nakhijevan earthquake felt in Kajaran
- Viewed 4 times.Misiones Province Officially Recognizes the Armenian Genocide
- Viewed 3 times.Karabakh Defense Ministry: Decrease of ceasefire violation cases was noted at weekend
- Viewed 1 times.NKR Defense Ministry: Enemy continues violation of ceasefire regime
- Viewed 1 times.Seyran Ohanyan: People can be calm, Armenian soldiers perform their duties properly
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 12:39NKR Defense Ministry: Enemy continues violation of ceasefire regime
- 14:38NA fourday session: it is intended to hold discussion over issue of putting draft Constitution to referendum
- 13:58Seyran Ohanyan: People can be calm, Armenian soldiers perform their duties properly
- 11:57Karabakh Defense Ministry: Decrease of ceasefire violation cases was noted at weekend
- 15:38Nagorno- Karabakh Republic Defence Army: Azerbaijani side is responsible for creation of tension on front line
- 14:19Bordyuzha: CSTO peacekeeping forces must always be ready for peaceful actions
- 13:04Last night Azerbaijani side violated ceasefire for 130 times on contact line
- 16:12Defense Army does not have any casualties or injured: Karabakh Defense Ministry denies Azerbaijani misinformation
- 15:53Misiones Province Officially Recognizes the Armenian Genocide
- 12:13Nagorno Karabakh Republic Defense Ministry: Azerbaijani side violated ceasefire for 80 times last night
- 11:23Nakhijevan earthquake felt in Kajaran
- 14:18Karabakh Defense Ministry: Adversary fires TR-107 artillery rocket in direction of Armenian frontlines
- 14:38Nagorno Karbakh Republic Defense Ministry: Enemy shot towards Armenian positions from rifle and artillery weapons
- 16:31Davit Babayan: OSCE Minsk Group statement places all responsibility of ceasefire regime violation on Azerbaijan
- 15:24Government to make statement on “Electric Networks of Armenia” sale in 2 days
- 14:36Rival applies Turkish made multiple rocket launchers against Nagorno Karabakh
- 13:16Four servicemen die in Nagorno Karabakh as a result of rival shelling
- 16:21Hranush Hakobyan: Armenians all over world must raise international awareness of Azerbaijani violations
- 15:08OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs call on ending reprisals
- 13:52Destruction of Azerbaijani strongoint and counterfire suppress rival’s activeness
- 16:10Dovegh village gas pipeline, damaged due to Azerbaijani shooting, restored
- 14:46James Warlick expects productive talks on Karabakh issue in New York
- 16:29Daniel Baer: Azerbaijan uses Nagorno Karabakh conflict as shield for rights record
- 15:4124th anniversary of independence of Armenia was marked in St. Blaise Armenian Church, Rome
- 13:20James Warlick: NagornoKarabakh conflict is not a frozen one
- 12:27Edward Nalbandian to meet with Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan in New York
- 17:16Former Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Armen Movsisyan passed away
- 16:23Health condition of Ruslan Mktrtchyan injured in Tavush is satisfactory
- 13:07Kim Kardashian: It is unbelievable to think it's been 100 years of people denying that this genocide ever happened
- 11:33Armenia to release its statistics on volume of trade turnover with EAEU member states soon
- 15:50Putin, Obama, Hollande and many other heads of states congratulate Serzh Sargsyan
- 15:38France is determined to continue its mediation in Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement process
- 12:02Republic of Armenia marks 24th anniversary of independence
- 16:42Yerevan Opera Suite Hotel administered by Italian management expects visible success
- 16:14Nubarashen district of Yerevan and the town of Arnouville /France/ have become partners
- 12:54Armenian tourists visit Western Armenia in spite of tense situation in Turkey
- 14:51Sevan Nishanyan to stand for parliamentary elections in Turkey
- 11:59NA extraordinary session: parliament discusses draft Constitutional Reforms
- 19:10With the support of Orange Foundation a kindergarten now operates in Tsovak village of Gegharkunik region
- 15:41Employees of “Nairit” demand from Government to relaunch factory
- 14:25NA fourday session: Vardan Poghosyan to answer questions about constitutional reforms addressed by MPs
- 13:46Charge d'Affaires of British Embassy in Armenia comments on tense situation created in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16:51Date of Valery Permyakov’s psychological-psychiatric examination revealed
- 16:40Edward Nalbandian and Elmar Mammadyarov to meet in New York on September 24-25
- 13:45Armenia National Assembly four-day session: NA discussions on constitutional reforms. Live
- 15:08First four-day sitting of NA 8th session begins: Constitutional Reforms on agenda. Live
- 14:18Serzh Sargsyan participates in CSTO Collective Security Council’s session
- 12:08Edward Nalbandian introduces priorities of Armenia’s upcoming presidency over CSTO
- 15:50Turkish pro-governmental mass media spread disinformation that allegedly Armenians are to blame for tension in the country
- 14:03Serzh Sargsyan to participate in CSTO Collective Security Council’s session
- 16:29Rival violates ceasefire regime for about 1200 times in one week
- 16:1448 citizens detained on Baghramyan Avenue have been released
- 11:32Former American congressman and other scientists urge USA and UN to declare IS actions a genocide
- 10:10UN General Assembly adopts resolution for International Day of Commemoration of Victims of Genocide
- 17:24Turkish policemen voice anti-Armenian expressions in Cizre
- 14:15Reason for absence of progress in peaceful settlement process is Azerbaijan’s rejection of Minsk Group CoChairs principles
- 14:05Bako Sahakyan holds consultation with Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army supreme command staff
- 12:10Russia entry ban lifted of 3700 Armenian citizens
- 11:56Yerevan Municipality for Syrian Armenian families
- 11:03US Department of State: Nagorno-Karabakh people have right to decide their own future
- 17:47European Parliament slams Azerbaijan over Human Rights violations
- 17:40Armenian Patriarchate of Constantinople urges to refrain from statements targeted at Armenian community
- 14:04Armenia Government approves draft releasing Armenian citizens working in Belarus of waiting 30 days for registration
- 11:45Armenia Foreign Minister introduces steps taken by Armenia related to Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 16:33Nagorno-Karabakh MFA: Azerbaijani authorities have launched hysterical campaign against ongoing democratic processes in Karabakh
- 13:02Tovmasyan family fleeing IS attacks in Kobanî settles in Silikyan district
- 12:30Georgian-Armenians alarmed with Khulo anti-Armenian document
- 10:29Edward Nalbandian to pay official visit to UK
- 15:14Demonstration in front of Turkish Embassy in Paris
- 10:48Eurasian Intergovernmental Council will discuss financial stability issues in EEC
- 10:37Improvement activities are coming to the end in the square after A. Karapetyan
- 17:27Pope Francis at daily Mass: Christians persecuted in silence
- 15:45Armenia is 28th in terms of world internet press freedom
- 15:26Andrzej Kasprzyk to visit Baku
- 14:463 thousand Syrian refugees expected in Armenia
- 13:50Warlick condemns "deliberate targetting of innocent civilians"
- 13:31“Shant 2015”: Training “Air Alert” was staged in Tavush and Syunik
- 11:11Azerbaijanis again fire towards Tavush frontline and populated areas
- 11:06Luxembourg: EU prepares new variant of agreements with Belarus and Armenia
- 17:50Armenia President convenes Government extraordinary session
- 17:39Health condition of contract soldier injured in Azerbaijani shootings is stable severe
- 16:43“Shant 2015” Exercises are in progress: Factitious curfew to be announced in Avan
- 16:08Serzh Sargsyan to pay working visit to Russia
- 11:10Yerevan took part in the 5th General Assembly of Asian Mayors Forum
- 16:27Life of Koti villagers injured in Azerbaijani shooting is not under threat
- 12:45OSCE monitoring to be conducted in northern direction of Kuropatkino
- 12:29The park after Tatul Krpeyan has opened in the capital
- 10:46Rival keeps bordering villages of Tavush under fire for hours
- 15:20Kate Winslet to play PolishArmenian immigrant in new film
- 14:56Armenian Foreign Affairs Ministry: Damascus Armenian populated areas are not under IS terrorists control
- 12:17Condition of Armenian soldiers injured by rival is severe but stable
- 10:33President Serzh Sargsyan’s congratulatory message on Nagorno Karabakh Independence Day
- 16:46Minister of European Union Affairs of Turkey considers Armenian Genocide undeniable fact
- 12:32Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Ministry: Over 1200 shots were fired towards Armenian frontier guards last night
- 11:01Armenian, Turkish and German historians to discuss Armenian Genocide in Berlin
- 16:50More than 17.500 shots fired in direction of Armenian border units within last week
- 11:21Rival attempts to make subversive action in direction of Artsakh
- 14:10Venice Commission to issue another preliminary opinion on draft of Constitutional reforms of Armenia
- 17:11Karabakh MoD: Azerbaijan has 4 victims and more than 15 injured resulting from shootings
- 16:55The Telegraph: Armenian professor at Sorbonne who tackled AK47 assault rifle from train gunman