- Viewed 30 times.The desperate last days of Russian supermodel, 20, who took running leap from New York office building 'after joining brutal Rose of the World cult'
- Viewed 28 times.Post-Soviet security bloc to discuss setting up joint air, missile defense system
- Viewed 24 times.Marilyn Manson DENIES involvement in 'sick' short film he appeared in which also sees Lana Del Rey pretend to be raped
- Viewed 24 times.Seven Paras bleeding to death in a minefield, and how the Daily Mail helped bring their awesome heroism to the big screen
- Viewed 21 times.More barbaric than ever, video that seeks to trigger an invasion
- Viewed 17 times.Spain's Duchess of Alba, one of Europe's wealthiest aristocrats, dies aged 88 after developing pneumonia
- Viewed 17 times.Armenia imports cars mainly worth up to $5,000
- Viewed 17 times.Russian figure skaters win six medals at Grand Prix tournament in Moscow
- Viewed 16 times.The return of King Canute: The giant dam Sam built to save his home was a defining image of last winter's floods. Now he's having to do it all over again - while Whitehall spends millions on flood defences ABROAD
- Viewed 16 times.Russia provides credit of USD 270 million for extension of Armenian NPP's exploitation
- Viewed 16 times.Russians spy on UK families via their webcams: Hackers use your computer to watch you at home then post photos online
- Viewed 16 times.Police removing barricades in central Hong Kong
- Viewed 16 times.German Foreign Minister’s visit to Moscow drawing special attention
- Viewed 16 times.Golden girl! Miranda Kerr takes the plunge in low-cut tank as she dazzles in metallic ensemble and matching snake clasp heels while promoting new fragrance
- Viewed 16 times.Dutch court may rule on Yukos Int. vs Rosneft case on November 19
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 18:08Armenia imports cars mainly worth up to $5,000
- 17:00Marilyn Manson DENIES involvement in 'sick' short film he appeared in which also sees Lana Del Rey pretend to be raped
- 16:57Tiny parasitic tapeworm burrows its way through a man's brain for FOUR YEARS
- 15:54Golden girl! Miranda Kerr takes the plunge in low-cut tank as she dazzles in metallic ensemble and matching snake clasp heels while promoting new fragrance
- 14:49Seven Paras bleeding to death in a minefield, and how the Daily Mail helped bring their awesome heroism to the big screen
- 13:40Israeli security services foil Hamas plot to assassinate foreign minister Lieberman
- 12:21Wigan in crisis: Owner Dave Whelan accused of racism and anti-semitism as Athletic lose shirt sponsor
- 11:40Australian coal for fuel-hungry Ukraine reaches Mariupol port
- 10:25Parliamentary elections in Japan appointed for December 14
- 18:18Rosie Huntington-Whiteley works off-duty style in patterned bomber jacket and cropped jeans as she runs errands in LA
- 17:10Migration service allowed 374 Armenians to enter Russia
- 16:15Russians spy on UK families via their webcams: Hackers use your computer to watch you at home then post photos online
- 15:48Spain's Duchess of Alba, one of Europe's wealthiest aristocrats, dies aged 88 after developing pneumonia
- 15:01England selectors have got it wrong again - George Ford is being hung out to dry
- 14:47Ukraine Aviation Service claims to fine Russian air carriers $17 mln for flights to Crimea
- 14:11US reports activity at plutonium-producing laboratory in North Korea
- 13:30Iran seeks to reach compromise on nuclear deal by November 24 deadline
- 12:28Moscow expects Kiev to return to concept of Contact Group’s Minsk meetings
- 11:27Project for global boycott of Russia fails — Federation Council speaker
- 17:40The desperate last days of Russian supermodel, 20, who took running leap from New York office building 'after joining brutal Rose of the World cult'
- 16:39Food to Eat Every Day for Perfect Skin
- 15:44Hong Kong protesters clash with police after barricades dismantled
- 14:28Russia provides credit of USD 270 million for extension of Armenian NPP's exploitation
- 14:23West takes every step to end cooperation under Vienna confidence-building treaty — Lavrov
- 14:20Solution to Iranian nuclear issue will stabilize Middle East — Lavrov
- 13:24Denmark offers Ukraine Danish windmills instead of Russian gas
- 11:36The return of King Canute: The giant dam Sam built to save his home was a defining image of last winter's floods. Now he's having to do it all over again - while Whitehall spends millions on flood defences ABROAD
- 17:13Wayne Rooney warns England's young players to keep cool in heat of battle against Scotland
- 15:49Police removing barricades in central Hong Kong
- 13:38German Foreign Minister’s visit to Moscow drawing special attention
- 12:33Vienna hosts decisive round of Iran nuclear talks
- 11:31Moscow hopes "point of no return" not passed in relations with EU — Lavrov
- 17:49Chiefs of CSTO General Staff agree to continue monitoring military-political situation
- 16:29More barbaric than ever, video that seeks to trigger an invasion
- 16:02Dutch court may rule on Yukos Int. vs Rosneft case on November 19
- 15:05Contact with Philae lost, says European Space Agency
- 12:37Post-Soviet security bloc to discuss setting up joint air, missile defense system
- 12:24Angela Merkel intends to raise question of Ukraine settlement at G20 summit
- 12:14Russian figure skaters win six medals at Grand Prix tournament in Moscow
- 11:46Russian President Putin says Ukraine needs federalization to settle conflict
- 18:21President Serzh Sargsyan observes military exercises in NKR
- 17:55Blondes have more fun! Taylor Swift, Kate Upton and Amanda Seyfried steal the limelight at star-studded NY Knicks game
- 17:08Appeal of the NKR Commission on prisoners of war and the missing persons to the ICRC
- 16:26Russian lawmaker warns PACE against "following Ukraine’s bad example"
- 15:31Armenia's President pays working visit to Karabakh
- 15:15No obstacles created for OSCE observers in eastern Ukraine — Donetsk republic ministry
- 14:01Russia allocates $20 million to fight Ebola virus disease, vaccine is being developed
- 14:00Washington should take first step to improve Russia-US relations — Medvedev
- 13:58EU may lose 1 trillion euros over sanctions against Russia — Kremlin advisor
- 13:53Qatar to keep 2022 World Cup despite Fifa report criticism of its bid
- 13:49EU Special Rep. States Desire to Visit Artsakh
- 12:48U.S. Department of State denounced downing of helicopter by Azerbaijani armed forces
- 12:40ANCA urges White House to cut off military aid to Azerbaijan
- 11:29Azerbaijan closes airspace above Nagorno-Karabakh after helicopter shooting
- 11:24Medvedev has brief talks with US president — PM’s spokesperson
- 18:36Star power Down Under! Russell Crowe follows the footsteps of Angelina Jolie and Chris Hemsworth bringing his world premiere of The Water Diviner to Sydney
- 17:30Want to find the holy grail of income and growth? Boost your income with funds that don't like big firms
- 17:18Mi-24 helicopter of the NKR Air Force was shot by Azerbaijani armed forces
- 17:09Defense Ministry doesn’t confirm information on 3 dead
- 16:21'I was the last person he saw': Navy SEAL Rob O'Neill tells how Osama Bin Laden looked him straight in the eyes before he shot him dead and 'ended the war'
- 15:39Arsenal shy away from the dirty work
- 14:01One Direction to take part in charity single against Ebola
- 13:03ISS to carry out evasive maneuver from Chinese satellite’s debris — Roscosmos
- 12:33Putin gives command to start power unit at Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP
- 11:30Russia to send seventh aid convoy to east Ukraine
- 10:24Russia’s upper house speaker upbeat on Merkel statement on no further EU sanctions
- 18:49Let the games begin! Jennifer Lawrence steals the show with quilted Dior gown as she leads the cast at The Hunger Games premiere... before changing into plunging number for after party
- 17:58Flower power! Miley Cyrus shows off her growing locks with floral bun as she relaxes in bed with a 'self-realization' book
- 17:38Over 40 air strikes launched on IS positions in Iraq and Syria in three days
- 17:31Netherlands initiates Boeing debris delivery delay for indefinite time
- 16:29Japanese say no proposals to Gazprom to build pipeline from Sakhalin
- 15:26EU ministerial meeting to consider anti-Russian sanctions November 17 — diplomat
- 14:54Operation Big Fat Gypsy Bare-knuckle Fight: Dozens of armed officers, dogs, a helicopter and EIGHTEEN police cars raid a Fight Club-style boxing match after violence breaks out among hundreds of travellers
- 14:37How Arsenal missed out on a teenage Lionel Messi - after refusing to buy his family a flat in London
- 14:22Putin, Obama talked Ukraine, Syria, Iran and bilateral ties on sidelines of APEC summit
- 18:23She's a natural! Cara Delevingne dresses down and goes make-up free for designer video shoot in Paris
- 17:01Poignant moment four-year-old Ashton lays a poppy wreath for the father he never met: Brave tribute to former soldier shot by Taliban when they stormed his Afghan base
- 16:33Armenia's National Assembly four-day sessions kick off
- 16:09Arsene Wenger concedes Premier League title is Chelsea's to lose after seeing his Arsenal side beaten again
- 15:11Syrian opposition should be representative - Lavrov
- 14:48President Serzh Sargsyan sends congratulatory message to Ruben Adalyan
- 13:03Russia supplied over 500 aircraft to Asia-Pacific region over past 15 years
- 12:32Albanian Prime Minister to visit Serbia for the first time in nearly 70 years
- 12:06Russia donated $51 mln to UN’s food program this year — WFP
- 11:58Putin says cooperation with Asia-Pacific states top priority for Russia
- 11:57Soyuz landing module with space station crew on board lands in Kazakhstan
- 10:54Russian, Japanese leaders hold "good meeting"
- 17:30'Human Barbie' is punched and strangled by two men outside her home after 'two-year hate campaign by strangers'
- 16:07Russian Sports Ministry to backup national bid for 2018 FIVB Men's World Championship
- 14:53Moldova, EU sign memorandum implying financial aid of up to 410 mln euro
- 13:51Humanitarian operation in Ukraine most complex for Red Cross — ICRC president
- 12:50Tokyo readies for Russian, Japanese leaders’ meeting at APEC summit — source
- 11:48NATO plans large-scale military drills in Eastern Europe and Baltic States
- 12:02Armenia's Government changes its structure
- 11:54Red-dy for the runway! Kendall Jenner is smoking hot in rouge during a photo shoot on mother Kris Jenner's birthday
- 11:51100,000 Welsh demand access to the 71 pioneering cancer drugs available for free on the NHS for English patients
- 11:45'I never OD'd or anything': Channing Tatum admits he 'experimented' with cocaine... and reveals he and wife Jenna plan to have another baby
- 11:25Nine-man City lose plot on night of farce
- 11:13Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden revealed: Rob O'Neill named as SEAL Team Six hero who shot 9/11 mastermind three times in head - and has already inspired series of Hollywood films
- 11:05Chaos on the streets of London: Russell Brand joins thousands of masked Anonymous protesters in dramatic Bonfire Night demonstrations outside Buckingham Palace