- Viewed 372 times.Shot in the Kremlin's shadow: Russian opposition leader killed in 'politically-motivated attack' in front of Ukrainian model girlfriend
- Viewed 47 times.Jessica Alba shows off her enviable physique as she poses in hot pants and a crop top in new beauty campaign
- Viewed 27 times.Russia may sign agreement on Turkish Stream in Q2 in 2015
- Viewed 26 times.Oh Eddie, you do make a wonderful woman: First picture of Oscar-winner Redmayne in latest role as transgender pioneer
- Viewed 26 times.Luhansk republic leader promises referendum on its future if Ukraine changes policies
- Viewed 24 times.Is Gerard Butler engaged? Actor's girlfriend Morgan Brown sparks rumors as she's seen wearing huge diamond ring
- Viewed 16 times.Iran tests reconnaissance robots in massive Great Prophet drills — media
- Viewed 15 times.Donetsk People’s Republic set for ruble settlements with Russia
- Viewed 15 times.Ukrainian paramilitaries warn they may upset Kiev-EU air links
- Viewed 15 times.Neymar clashes with Manchester City fan who accuses him of diving in Barcelona win
- Viewed 14 times.Is SHE why Vladimir Putin had a facelift? The Olympic gymnast half the president's age said to have borne him two children and become Russia's secret First Lady
- Viewed 14 times.Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- Viewed 13 times.First picture of the face of the angelic schoolboy who turned into reviled ISIS executioner. How polite west London pupil became bloodthirsty Jihadi John
- Viewed 12 times.Moscow pays last respects to slain opposition politician Boris Nemtsov
- Viewed 12 times.Donetsk republic permits use of world currencies amid shortage of Ukrainian cash
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 18:00He's in demand! Jamie Dornan lands lead role in wartime drama Anthropoid following Fifty Shades Of Grey success
- 15:37Leonardo DiCaprio and Rihanna pictured together for the first time at her birthday bash... where she 'refused to let him out of her sight'
- 13:41No meeting of Putin, Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande planned for nearest future — Kremlin
- 13:19Russian, Ukrainian energy companies offer guarantees of uninterrupted gas flow to Europe
- 12:06Moscow pays last respects to slain opposition politician Boris Nemtsov
- 11:32Rival’s shot kills soldier in Karabakh: Defense Ministry
- 09:40Kiev hopes for arms supplies from US, other countries — foreign minister
- 18:05Is Gerard Butler engaged? Actor's girlfriend Morgan Brown sparks rumors as she's seen wearing huge diamond ring
- 17:00Border tension above average: Armenia's Defense Ministry
- 16:26Ukrainian president suggests increasing army to 250,000 people
- 16:24Ukrainian minister warns citizens against panic amid food shortages
- 15:50US nuclear weapons deployed in Europe can reach Russian territory — Russian FM
- 15:48Witness of Russian politician's murder not allowed to leave Moscow for safety concerns
- 15:44Kiev disbanding notorious volunteer battalion, new unit under army control
- 18:13Jessica Alba shows off her enviable physique as she poses in hot pants and a crop top in new beauty campaign
- 17:51Is SHE why Vladimir Putin had a facelift? The Olympic gymnast half the president's age said to have borne him two children and become Russia's secret First Lady
- 17:44Shot in the Kremlin's shadow: Russian opposition leader killed in 'politically-motivated attack' in front of Ukrainian model girlfriend
- 17:28Serviceman dies in Karabakh military unit
- 17:23Russia may sign agreement on Turkish Stream in Q2 in 2015
- 13:48Moscow concerned coalition may strike at Syrian regions not controlled by IS — Lavrov
- 13:31Russia ready to supply gas to Luhansk, Donetsk directly if gets Naftogaz’s written refusal
- 13:30Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- 18:01Oh Eddie, you do make a wonderful woman: First picture of Oscar-winner Redmayne in latest role as transgender pioneer
- 17:14On March 3 an Extraordinary Sitting of the RA National Assembly is To Be Convened
- 16:50Zoe Saldana displays trim figure in black shirt dress and sexy over-the-knee boots... three months after welcoming twin boys
- 15:33First picture of the face of the angelic schoolboy who turned into reviled ISIS executioner. How polite west London pupil became bloodthirsty Jihadi John
- 14:26Medication could put you over the new drug-drive limit: Motorists suffering from epilepsy, insomnia and anxiety advised to carry their prescriptions with them
- 13:58Sharapova likely to join national squad if Russia reaches 2015 Federation Cup final
- 12:55Luhansk republic leader promises referendum on its future if Ukraine changes policies
- 11:37Bill on $1 billion military aid to Ukraine submitted to US Congress
- 10:45Russia can stop gas supplies to Ukraine before meeting in Brussels — energy minister
- 18:05Donetsk People’s Republic set for ruble settlements with Russia
- 17:18Iran tests reconnaissance robots in massive Great Prophet drills — media
- 17:04Thirty bodies of Ukrainian military retrieved from under Donetsk airport debris
- 16:30Government to compensate Azerbaijani shooting-suffered population’s damages
- 15:02Russian football team to play friendly against reigning world champs Germany — Capello
- 14:50Donetsk republic permits use of world currencies amid shortage of Ukrainian cash
- 13:48Statements on new sanctions attempt to distract attention from Minsk deal — Lavrov
- 12:46Luhansk republic says its heavy weaponry withdrawal almost over
- 11:43Ukraine tightens economic blockade on self-proclaimed republics — DPR envoy
- 17:53Moscow calls on OSCE mission to monitor heavy weapons withdrawal in east Ukraine
- 17:29Border tension in Karabakh conflict zone eased: Defense Minister
- 16:48Ukrainian paramilitaries warn they may upset Kiev-EU air links
- 15:20Neymar clashes with Manchester City fan who accuses him of diving in Barcelona win
- 14:07Ukrainian crisis negatively affects "frozen" Transnistria, Caucasus conflicts — OSCE head
- 13:58EU sanctions on Russia fail to produce expected results — Cyprus president
- 12:57Moody's downgrades ratings of 11 Russian regions, 4 cities and 3 state-owned companies
- 11:56Russia, Cyprus to sign military-technical deal during President Anastasiades’ visit
- 16:32A hero's welcome! Triumphant Eddie Redmayne can't hide his delight as he arrives back in London with wife Hannah after Best Actor Oscar win
- 16:22Judgment on Azerbaijani saboteurs made and not subject to changes: Karabakh President’s Spokesperson
- 16:14Cairo counts on close anti-terror cooperation with Russia — Egyptian foreign minister
- 16:11Militia can't confirm withdrawal of weaponry by Kiev's volunteer battalions
- 16:09Russian finance minister to be first board chairman of new BRICS bank — Russian official
- 16:06Kiev can't deploy peacekeepers in Donbas without UN Security Council resolution — diplomat
- 18:34Tennis player Maria Sharapova maintains WTA No. 2 ranking
- 17:38US, Iran foreign ministers end nuclear talks in Geneva
- 17:00Ukraine completely blocks entry to country’s east — DPR official
- 16:02There are closed roadways in Armenia
- 15:17Weapons pullout in east Ukraine to start on Feb. 24 - Donetsk Republic’s Defense Ministry
- 14:15Russian regulator bans cheese product imports from Poland
- 13:13Russian foreign minister to participate in UN Security Council’s debate
- 12:10EU may block Russia-Hungary nuclear power deal — reports
- 11:45Poland’s Ida wins Oscar for best foreign language film
- 18:15Skolkovo Olympic Technopark to breed future sports stars
- 17:15Mother of baby Leo with down syndrome sends open letter to his father
- 16:03Baby it's cold outside! New mother Liv Tyler looks chic in stylish coat on solo outing a week after giving birth
- 15:51And the winner is...! Scarlett Johansson goes au natural as she breezes through rehearsals for the Oscars
- 14:40Putin, Poroshenko, Merkel, Hollande may discuss Ukrainian crisis in Paris on Feb 24
- 13:35Ukraine's Donetsk republic plans to supply coal to Iran, Turkey, North Africa
- 12:33Ukraine's Right Sector only volunteer unit left in Donbas — Ukrainian General Staff
- 11:11No UN peacekeeping force in Ukraine without Russia's consent — Czech Foreign Ministry
- 17:57Meet 21-year-old Rymir Satterthwaite... who claims to be Jay Z's love child from an affair the rapper had before he married Beyoncé
- 17:05German MP warns against new anti-Russian sanctions, arms supplies to Kiev
- 16:40Dakota Johnson bundles up in a large grey overcoat as she rubs shoulders with Julianne Moore at Hugo Boss show during New York Fashion Week
- 16:06Woman cyclist, 30, is crushed to death by tipper truck in central London rush hour crash
- 15:08Which countries have the healthiest diets in the world? Belgium and Hungary score worst while Chad and Sierra Leone top the global table
- 14:54Georgia once again asks Ukraine to extradite its former president Saakashvili
- 14:19Polish man caught on the streets of Stoke with a gun avoids prison because he didn't know it was illegal to carry a firearm
- 13:21Ronaldo is the knockout king: With 35 goals across 11 cities, Real star breaks record to top Champions League goalscoring chart
- 12:48Donetsk leader says up to 3,500 Kiev troops killed in Debaltsevo
- 16:33US lethal arms supplies to Ukraine will disrupt Minsk agreements — Russian lawmaker
- 15:23Poroshenko claims Ukraine military not surrounded at Debaltsevo — media
- 15:20Kiev troops may be allowed to leave Debaltsevo trap with no arms — LPR leader
- 14:00Gagik Tzarukyan's Prosperous Armenia Party cancels rally
- 13:28Canada puts 26 representatives of Donetsk, Luhansk republics on sanctions list
- 12:16Russia has information Kiev receives weapons from abroad — Putin
- 11:15East Ukraine's self-proclaimed Donetsk republic warns OSCE against visiting Debaltsevo
- 13:38No decision on US participation in Moscow Victory Day celebrations — ambassador
- 13:33Ukraine presents list of required military hardware to US — presidential adviser
- 11:57Energy issues to be in focus of Putin's visit to Hungary Tuesday
- 11:55Zenit St. Petersburg FC extends contract with Brazilian forward Hulk
- 11:49Moscow-Beijing high-speed rail may go across Kazakhstan — ambassador
- 11:47Former British intelligence chief warns against building up pressure on Vladimir Putin
- 10:41Donetsk republic claims 60 Ukrainian troops killed in Donbas on Feb 16
- 18:20Militia ready to provide corridor for encircled Ukrainian forces in Debaltseve — DPR envoy
- 17:41Great Lent begins in Armenia
- 17:29The results of the assessment and analysis of the activities carried out by the administrative districts in January 2015 have been summarized
- 17:00'Celebrate love in your life!' Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder share photos of a tropical Valentine's Day on the beach
- 16:49It has been instructed to set control over the implementation of the records about administrative violations
- 16:39The sickest of protests: Syrian children as young as three are dressed in orange jumpsuits and locked in cage by activists in chilling stunt which echoes pilot's immolation by ISIS