- Viewed 29 times.Ukrainian attempt to take control of Boeing crash site to violate UN resolution - Russia
- Viewed 25 times.When the joke goes too far: Ashley Cole shares awkward meme of himself photobombing ex-wife Cheryl and new husband Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini
- Viewed 24 times.EU expands sanction list against Russia, Ukraine
- Viewed 24 times.US congressmen suggest give Ukraine non-NATO ally status
- Viewed 23 times.US to supply Iraq 5000 Hellfire missiles worth $ 700 million
- Viewed 22 times.Sona Rubenyan won Audience Award in "New Wave" song contest
- Viewed 21 times.EU Council passes resolution on sectoral sanctions against Russia
- Viewed 20 times.Ukraine's parliament votes against PM Yatsenyuk's resignation
- Viewed 18 times.Check her out! Cara Delevingne slips into teeny Daisy Dukes and a low-key plaid shirt for casual dinner date in Hollywood
- Viewed 18 times.Two soldiers of Karabakh's Defense Army die due to Azerbaijani attack
- Viewed 16 times.Stockholm arbitration court combines Naftogaz, Gazprom lawsuits
- Viewed 16 times.Israel Defense Forces stopped military actions in Gaza Strip indefinitely — press office
- Viewed 15 times.Russia to work for realization of Ukraine resolution 2166 facing artificial difficulties
- Viewed 14 times.Press Spokesman of Armenia's MOD dismisses reports on new Azerbaijani subversive group's infiltration
- Viewed 14 times.USA to provide about $7 million to Ukraine for immediate needs in newly liberated areas
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 18:02'Maybe we're not meant to be together, maybe we are': Hilary Duff opens up about how 'difficult' it's been to separate from husband Mike Comrie
- 18:00Ukraine did not make satellite images that security service revealed July 30
- 17:12Mamma Mia! Rihanna cleans up her look in an elegant shirt and heels for dinner at fancy Italian restaurant
- 16:00When the joke goes too far: Ashley Cole shares awkward meme of himself photobombing ex-wife Cheryl and new husband Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini
- 15:29Israel accuses Hamas of deliberately broken ceasefire
- 14:40Two-thirds of Russians blame Ukraine's army for MH17 crash — poll
- 14:33Ukrainian troops suffer losses in east Ukraine Donetsk region
- 14:15G7 intends to block new World Bank projects in Russia — Bloomberg
- 13:0972-hour humanitarian ceasefire starts in Gaza
- 12:55Russian football official: 2018 World Cup to be held at highest level possible
- 12:37Azerbaijani side stopped firing at villages of Armenia's Tavush only in morning
- 10:19EU imposes sectoral sanctions against Russia
- 10:13UN chief, US State Secretary announce accord about a 72-hour truce in Gaza Strip
- 10:03The import of almost all vegetables and fruit from Poland is banned in Russia
- 09:59US Senate confirms John Tefft as ambassador to Russia
- 18:02IAAF disqualifies Russian athletes Yemelyanov, Kostetskaya
- 17:16That's just how they roll! Heidi Klum gets in a tangle with Jimmy Fallon as she turns a tumble mat into a roly-poly runway
- 16:48EU Council passes resolution on sectoral sanctions against Russia
- 16:40Ukraine's parliament votes against PM Yatsenyuk's resignation
- 16:36Snowden still waits for Russia’s asylum permission
- 14:56Russia says ECHR verdict in Yukos case not an example of just assessment of legal details
- 13:44Ukraine’s ban on Russian films leads to surge of interest in Russia — filmmaker
- 13:36Russian air transport officials arrive in Kiev to take part in MH17 crash probe
- 13:26Two soldiers of Karabakh's Defense Army die due to Azerbaijani attack
- 12:55Press Spokesman of Armenia's MOD dismisses reports on new Azerbaijani subversive group's infiltration
- 11:29Russia to contest Hague court ruling on YUKOS within 3 months - deputy minister
- 11:22US court turns down Russian suspected hacker’s lawyer request for release
- 10:49EU expands sanction list against Russia, Ukraine
- 18:03US to supply Iraq 5000 Hellfire missiles worth $ 700 million
- 17:23Russia to build own aircraft carrier if France annuls Mistral supplies — deputy PM
- 17:14Girls' day out! Amanda Holden takes lookalike daughter Alexa on a shopping spree in West Hollywood... before enjoying lunch at The Ivy
- 17:07Check her out! Cara Delevingne slips into teeny Daisy Dukes and a low-key plaid shirt for casual dinner date in Hollywood
- 16:58New vulnerability threatens personal data of Android users
- 16:44Usain Bolt: Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 'a bit sh*t'
- 16:08Solar energy tariff to be set in Armenia
- 15:48Rosneft expects to continue contacts with ExxonMobil
- 15:40Obama’s statement Russia fails to co-operate with Boeing crash probe bewildering
- 15:30Russia to work for realization of Ukraine resolution 2166 facing artificial difficulties
- 14:59Ukraine negotiates trilateral meeting in Minsk
- 13:56Shelling of UN school in Gaza kills 20 Palestinians
- 13:53Visa, MasterCard shrug off fresh US sanctions on Russian banks
- 17:53Sanctions against Russia may stop its economy — banker
- 17:33Fitch affirms Gazprom’s investment-grade rating
- 16:5322 civilians, 3 children killed in south-eastern Ukraine
- 16:44Georgia prosecutor’s office accuses Saakashvili of power abuse
- 13:34Stockholm arbitration court combines Naftogaz, Gazprom lawsuits
- 13:26Russia may lose 2018 World Cup only by refusal or disqualification — expert
- 13:22No reports on UK government opposing Russian cross-culture year — Russian embassy
- 13:13Japan’s new sanctions on Russia hamper bilateral relations — Foreign Ministry
- 11:18Ukrainian attempt to take control of Boeing crash site to violate UN resolution - Russia
- 11:16Israeli aviation strikes at house of HAMAS leader in Gaza
- 11:12Ban on imports of preserves from Ukraine takes effect in Russia
- 11:10USA to provide about $7 million to Ukraine for immediate needs in newly liberated areas
- 11:06USA accuses Russia of violating Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
- 18:04Sona Rubenyan won Audience Award in "New Wave" song contest
- 17:42Remembrance Day of the Dead in Armenia
- 17:02Five civilians killed, 15 wounded in Luhansk as shelling continued
- 16:26Louis van Gaal's focus on technique and tactics changes mindset of Manchester United's players
- 15:42EBRD Russian financing freeze denies development goals — ministry
- 15:10Israel Defense Forces stopped military actions in Gaza Strip indefinitely — press office
- 14:5210 Fruits With Medicinal Benefits
- 14:36European Commission proposes to hold consultations on gas in Moscow this week
- 14:16Japan plans to expand sanctions for Russia
- 14:14Court of Arbitration in The Hague obliges Russia to pay to ex-Yukos shareholders
- 13:53Russian Muslim clerics outraged by lies about developments in Ukraine
- 13:04US congressmen suggest give Ukraine non-NATO ally status
- 13:00Moscow hopes no one will try to cover traces in Boeing crash probe — Lavrov
- 18:07Russia praises UN efforts for ensuring safety of experts on Boeing 777 crash site
- 17:03His indispensables! Sylvester Stallone, 68, leads his wife and three daughters through LAX whilst wearing sporty attire
- 16:06Talk about a PDA! Royal prank radio host Mel Greig can't keep her hands off her AFL player fiance Steven Pollock as the couple arrive at Sydney airport
- 14:40Fire breaks out in Yerevan's Linguistic University after V. Bryusov
- 14:38Russia calls for impartial, independent and open probe into MH17 crash
- 13:49UEFA asks Russian Football Union to provide documents on FC Rostov licensing
- 13:38One of leading Russian travel agencies halts activities
- 13:36Israel ensures flight safety despite fighting in Gaza — Israel embassy spokesman
- 13:3018 Russian, Ukrainian legal entities added to black list — EU source
- 13:23Senior lawmaker: By resigning, Yatsenyuk tries to shirk responsibility for crimes
- 13:14The Netherlands sends 40 servicemen to Ukraine to search for bodies
- 13:10Russian Armed Forces becomes more efficient — US top military officer
- 13:01Cameron: West should revise approach to Russia if its stance unchanged
- 12:31Russia's investigative commission charges Levon Hayrapetyan
- 18:02UN Secretary General says bewildered with news on missile storage in Palestine
- 16:45Armenia's Governmet supports companies directed at export
- 16:43Charles Aznavour to Play Farewell Concert at The Theater at Madison Square Garden
- 16:37Air Algerie plane crashes in Niger — Algerian TV
- 13:03Western anti-Russian sanctions a strategic mistake — British diplomat
- 13:02ICAO confirms crashed Malaysian plane’s voice recorder is in good condition
- 13:00Russian territory shelled from Ukraine 9 times in past months
- 12:53FC Copenhagen, FC Dnipro to play Champions League game in Kiev
- 12:51Dutch companies want to cooperate with Russia in the territory of Crimea
- 12:48Japan not to adopt hasty anti-Russian sanctions yet — FM
- 12:47Statements about Su-25s downed by Russian missile nonsense — Russian Defense Ministry
- 18:04Putin says no military threat today to Russian sovereignty
- 16:50Crocked Harrison Ford hobbles on to private jet with his 'Hans'-free crutch as broken ankle continues to heal
- 16:45Look, no tongue! Miley Cyrus strips down to just her Daisy Dukes as she posts topless Instagram photo
- 16:16UK and Sweden may seek embargo on military supplies to Russia
- 16:10Russia's Foreign Ministry calls for stopping hostilities in Boeing crash area
- 14:58Levon Hayrapetyan probably to be taken to hospital in a week: Poladyan
- 14:37Different integration directions won't hinder Armenian-Ukrainian economic relations: Ukrainian Ambassador
- 14:24Armenian National Football Team to play friendly against Latvia