- Viewed 14 times.Armenian President paid 22 state, official and working visits to foreign countries in a year
- Viewed 13 times.German MP urges ways of settling Crimean status
- Viewed 13 times.Inside the mind of 'Wolverine': Videos reveal bizarre ramblings of 21-year-old 'triple murder' suspect as he struggled to cope with mother's alcoholism, parents' separation and job he hated
- Viewed 10 times.Over 3 thousand SyrianArmenians received Armenian citizenship in 2014
- Viewed 10 times.BRICS countries need to boost cooperation in military sphere — senior security official
- Viewed 10 times.Kremlin offers no comment on new film about Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov
- Viewed 10 times.Combat readiness snap check underway in Russia's Central Military District — minister
- Viewed 9 times.Donetsk republic’s intelligence sees Kiev military buildup near contact line
- Viewed 9 times.Chief Treasurer comments on slowdown of Armenia's economic growth
- Viewed 8 times.Armenian FM to visit Lebanon
- Viewed 7 times.Russia’s business community suggests imprisoning up to 10 years for bank bankruptcy fraud
- Viewed 6 times.May 28th is one of the most brilliant days in the history of the Armenian people: Armenian President
- Viewed 4 times.Looks like you've changed the locks, Mr Firth! Actor shows off youthful appearance and darker hair as he appears on red carpet at premiere
- Viewed 3 times.EEU countries discuss new draft pension agreement
- Viewed 3 times.She certainly doesn't look bookish! Julianne Moore is svelte in shirt dress as she appears at BookExpo America
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 12:01Shocked passenger takes photo of airport worker using TAPE on engine shell of easyJet plane moments before take-off
- 11:52Christian Syrian fighter BEHEADS ISIS prisoner in revenge for the group's atrocities after discovering he was a member of Islamic State
- 11:49'Orlando will always be our family': Miranda Kerr's mother Therese opens up on tight-knit relationship between her model daughter and estranged husband Bloom
- 19:28She certainly doesn't look bookish! Julianne Moore is svelte in shirt dress as she appears at BookExpo America
- 16:40Looks like you've changed the locks, Mr Firth! Actor shows off youthful appearance and darker hair as he appears on red carpet at premiere
- 15:55EEU countries discuss new draft pension agreement
- 15:20'The virgins were taken to a room with 40 men. They lined us up and pointed who they wanted': Yazidi girl, 17, made pregnant by ISIS fighter reveals her nine-month ordeal as a jihadi sex slave
- 13:17FIFA pledges $185 mln investment next year into 2018 World Cup in Russia
- 12:15Russia concerned over upcoming missile defense drills involving US
- 11:14Post-Soviet trade bloc, Silk Road link to cause radical changes in region — expert
- 10:28Stunned woman gets Facebook message from Armenian man she sent a box of presents to 16 years ago as part of Christmas appeal
- 15:34May 28th is one of the most brilliant days in the history of the Armenian people: Armenian President
- 18:05German MP urges ways of settling Crimean status
- 16:45Armenian President paid 22 state, official and working visits to foreign countries in a year
- 15:16Over 3 thousand SyrianArmenians received Armenian citizenship in 2014
- 13:18Russia’s business community suggests imprisoning up to 10 years for bank bankruptcy fraud
- 12:02BRICS countries need to boost cooperation in military sphere — senior security official
- 19:18Inside the mind of 'Wolverine': Videos reveal bizarre ramblings of 21-year-old 'triple murder' suspect as he struggled to cope with mother's alcoholism, parents' separation and job he hated
- 18:07Kremlin offers no comment on new film about Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov
- 17:06Donetsk republic’s intelligence sees Kiev military buildup near contact line
- 16:03Combat readiness snap check underway in Russia's Central Military District — minister
- 15:57Chief Treasurer comments on slowdown of Armenia's economic growth
- 11:51Armenian FM to visit Lebanon
- 19:18Armenian citizen tries to take 50 kilograms of silver to Georgia
- 18:09ICRC representatives visit Armenian trespasser, imprisoned in Azerbaijan
- 17:37Projects for Russia to be considered when they are ready for approval — World Bank
- 16:34EU not to remove term "annexation of Crimea" from Eastern Partnership summit declaration
- 15:40Jose Mourinho named Barclays Manager of the Season as Chelsea star Eden Hazard receives best player accolade
- 15:11New York court refuses to hold new process in Russian pilot Yaroshenko’s case — lawyer
- 14:24Russia ready to meet Iraq demand for weapons to fight terrorism — Lavrov
- 13:31Ukraine cannot get visa-free regime with EU as Donbas conflict rages — source
- 12:47Back together! Exes Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult pose side-by-side with director Bryan Singer
- 11:43What's driving TV's most smouldering heart-throb to self-destruct? Troubled actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers' problem with alcohol could be legacy of a dysfunctional childhood
- 11:36Apple-ը «պատահականորեն» ցուցադրել Է նոր iPhone-ը
- 10:36Orange Foundation continues community development projects in Syunik region (photo)
- 18:25World tired of Ukraine — ex-president Yushchenko
- 17:22Russia to take measures if Ukraine hosts foreign missile defense elements — Kremlin
- 15:06IIHF gathers photo, video materials on Russia’s walkout on Canadian anthem
- 14:36Kiev's technical default to undermine its ability to attract investment from EU — source
- 13:34Russia restructures space industry electronic components base amid sanctions — deputy PM
- 13:29Militia say Ukrainian forces shelled Donetsk republic 33 times over last 24 hours
- 12:23Russia's Bal сoastal defense system to get 300-kilometer range missile — contractor
- 18:02Parliament Speaker calls on EC to struggle against Azerbaijani xenophobia
- 17:42Turkey must reconcile with its own past: Aram I to New York Times
- 17:20That's a masterpiece! Image of stars forming in a dusty universe look uncannily like Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night
- 16:43Would YOU dye your hair like Cruella de Vil? Women embrace two-tone locks and post selfies on Instagram in trend inspired by the Disney villain
- 16:04How to get all the nutrients you need in one day's food (crisps and wine included)
- 15:06Raheem Sterling tells Brendan Rodgers he wants to leave Liverpool as club prepare for last-ditch talks with want-away forward
- 14:37Gazprom plans to build about 50 km of Power of Siberia pipeline in 2015
- 13:35Russian Navy’s new destroyer to be nuclear-powered, gas turbine option dropped — source
- 12:30Kiev forces shell Donetsk republic 29 times over past 24 hours, one person killed — DPR
- 11:27Putin to hold a meeting on consolidating Russian nation
- 18:32Lavrov feels Macedonia events and its pro-Russian policy are linked
- 17:09Armenia negotiates with Iran and Georgia to make NorthSouth regional
- 15:31River Plate's clash at Boca Juniors abandoned after visiting players are targeted with pepper spray and taken to hospital suffering from burns
- 14:57Damning verdict on out-of-hours care firm: Just one GP on call for a MILLION patients while critically ill baby had to wait five-and-a-half hours
- 13:48Russian, Chinese combat ships pass through Black Sea straits for Mediterranean drills
- 12:32Kiev sets up field depots with 2,000 tons of munitions in Donbas — militia intelligence
- 11:30US Senators plan to provide $300 mln military aid to Ukraine
- 10:28France sends proposals on termination of Mistral contract — media
- 18:23Chelsea could face Real Madrid in Champions League group stage after Juventus' semi-final win but Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City benefit
- 17:09Armenia improves position in Human Capital Report with 30 points
- 16:55New couple Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk pack on the PDA as they share another passionate kiss in London
- 15:21NATO implementing greatest reinforcement of its defense since end of Cold War
- 14:17Mistral deal cancellation may cost France up to 5 billion euros — reports
- 13:15Russian cosmonaut may be sent to space instead of British singer Sarah Brightman
- 12:41Death toll in Nepal’s earthquake on May 12 nears 100 people
- 11:37John McCain says he never agreed to join Ukraine’s reform council
- 18:37Three men arrested over murder of woman whose body was found in suitcase in London canal
- 17:22Chrissy Teigen flashes taut midriff in crop top and pencil skirt as she oozes elegance in NYC
- 16:32Mom gives birth to 13lb 10oz and 25in-long boy... and the newborn is already wearing clothes designed for babies who are six months old
- 15:12Anti-discriminatory monitoring system launched ahead of 2018 World Cup in Russia
- 14:08Russia criticizes World Bank of playing "geo-economic games"
- 13:07Kiev forces violate ceasefire more than 40 times over last 24 hours — DPR
- 12:04New Nepal quake leaves 65 people dead
- 11:01Putin’s talks with Kerry seen as first signs of bid to get relations back on track
- 21:34Made in Chelsea's Oliver Proudlock shares a VERY intimate selfie of him in bed with scantily-clad girlfriend Emma Connolly
- 20:18Judith Farnworth to succeed Katherine Leach as UK Ambassador to Armenia
- 19:49The tiny baby who saved his mum's life: Joy for mother who was diagnosed with breast cancer during her pregnancy as she gives birth to healthy son AND gets the all-clear
- 18:40Steven Gerrard will regret not signing for Chelsea for the rest of his life... Liverpool fans burned his shirt and never showed him the respect he deserved
- 17:23IMF mission commences work in Ukraine — Finance Ministry
- 13:43Kremlin: Kiev’s attempts to regain control over Donetsk airport contradict Minsk accords
- 13:40Magnitude 7.1 earthquake hits Nepal
- 12:26She's a cool rider! Jenna Coleman helmets up and joins forces with Peter Capaldi as production for the next series of Doctor Who continues in Cardiff
- 11:27Paris silent about the future of Mistral assault ships built for Russia
- 11:04Donetsk republic envoy warns Right Sector's exercise in Donbas may escalate conflict
- 10:01Kremlin: Putin to spend busy week in Sochi looking into Armed Forces development
- 17:31Yippee ki-yay! Bruce Willis looks excited as he boards private plane with wife Emma after romantic getaway to Berlin
- 16:37Moscow says it's ready for dialogue with US on condition of no attempts of pressure
- 12:21'People can't believe they are triplets!' Meet the incredible trio born THREE YEARS apart thanks to IVF treatment
- 11:35Russia’s Lavrov, US’ Kerry agree to discuss joint efforts to settle conflicts
- 11:14A year passes since DPR, LPR self-determination referendums
- 11:10Chechen leader calls on Obama, allies "to rise above minor problems"
- 09:19Manchester City 6-0 QPR: Rangers are relegated after Sergio Aguero hat-trick and strikes from Aleksandar Kolarov, James Milner and David Silva hit strugglers for six at the Etihad
- 12:32Armenpress joins Victory’s 70th anniversary with great projects
- 17:58Putin says USSR, China most affected by World War Two
- 16:14Yerevan Mayor congratulated on the occasion of the International Radio Day
- 16:06Three militia fighters injured in east Ukraine shelling — Donetsk republic
- 15:46Business forum to promote collaboration between Armenian and foreign businessmen
- 15:39Armenia’s membership in EEU was a pragmatic decision: Serzh Sargsyan’s comments to The Washington Post