- Viewed 65 times.Suspect in Yerevan bus blast plotted attack against relatives - Investigative Committee
- Viewed 47 times.Levon Mnatsakanyan: If the war resumes, we will advance ourselves
- Viewed 45 times.Azerbaijan keeps Nagorno-Karabakh frontline under heavy fire; fatality reported
- Viewed 41 times.Yerevan bus blast: field investigators find trotyl, SIM card at scene, owner identified
- Viewed 41 times.Nagorno-Karabakh reports deadly ceasefire violations
- Viewed 38 times.Defense Army publishes video of Mataghis shelling
- Viewed 36 times.Azerbaijan continues ceasefire violations along Nagorno-Karabakh frontline
- Viewed 33 times.Yerevan is ready to negotiate after Baku is called to orde
- Viewed 32 times.Defense Deputy Minister and Heads of General Staff departments are dismissed
- Viewed 31 times.THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE.Money talks, and right now it's talking shit.Kim Kardashyan
- Viewed 31 times.Azerbaijan keeps shelling Nagorno-Karabakh defense posts
- Viewed 30 times.Nagorno-Karabakh reports more fatalities as ceasefire violations continue
- Viewed 30 times.Turkish politician apologizes to Armenians for Genocide
- Viewed 29 times.2 killed, 6 injured in rare bus blast in Armenia’s capital
- Viewed 27 times.Second victim in Yerevan bus blast identified
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 10:45Azerbaijan doesn’t use heavy weapons last night
- 10:51Nagorno-Karabakh reports more fatalities as ceasefire violations continue
- 14:15Vandals destroy stone cross at Scottsdale Armenian church
- 11:14Azerbaijan keeps violating truce along Armenia’s border
- 09:38Azerbaijan continues ceasefire violations along Nagorno-Karabakh frontline
- 15:26Defense Army publishes video of Mataghis shelling
- 11:38Yerevan is ready to negotiate after Baku is called to orde
- 10:29THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE.Money talks, and right now it's talking shit.Kim Kardashyan
- 09:53Azerbaijan keeps shelling Nagorno-Karabakh defense posts
- 16:07Second victim in Yerevan bus blast identified
- 14:31Levon Mnatsakanyan: If the war resumes, we will advance ourselves
- 11:54Turkish politician apologizes to Armenians for Genocide
- 10:26Azerbaijan keeps Nagorno-Karabakh frontline under heavy fire; fatality reported
- 15:20Suspect in Yerevan bus blast plotted attack against relatives - Investigative Committee
- 15:10Yerevan bus blast: field investigators find trotyl, SIM card at scene, owner identified
- 15:07Defense Deputy Minister and Heads of General Staff departments are dismissed
- 11:21Nagorno-Karabakh reports deadly ceasefire violations
- 10:002 killed, 6 injured in rare bus blast in Armenia’s capital
- 10:35Azerbaijan continues disseminating disinformation
- 11:15Azerbaijan continues ceasefire violations
- 10:54Yerevan hosts Aurora Dialogues
- 10:24Azerbaijan commits more intensive ceasefire violations on Karabakh frontline
- 14:52Nagorno-Karabakh reports 70 Azerbaijani ceasefire violations
- 10:40Armenian soldier fatally wounded by Azerbaijani bullet in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10:23Nagorno-Karabakh reports more Azerbaijani ceasefire violations
- 17:28Brussels bombings and escalations over Karabakh sent strong wake up call to us – Samvel Farmanyan (video)
- 14:45Jean-Claude Junker: 'One thing that I can say to Azerbaijan is STOP SHOOTING, STOP FIGHTING'
- 11:04Nagorno-Karabakh reports 80 Azerbaijani ceasefire violations
- 11:34Azerbaijan continues ceasefire violations: two Armenian soldiers wounded
- 16:02Adversary found dead during field work on Karabakh frontline
- 11:53Nagorno-Karabakh reports 70 ceasefire violations
- 15:16Nagorno-Karabakh reports another soldier killed in Azerbaijani gunfire
- 10:08Nagorno-Karabakh soldier fatally wounded by Azerbaijani bullet
- 15:14Azerbaijan shells Armenian defense positions in Tavush
- 10:30Armenia repels Azerbaijani commando raid from Line of Contact
- 09:54Recognition of Karabakh is the only way for the conflict resolution
- 14:25Azerbaijan opens irregular fire against Armenia’s border
- 11:19Situation on Karabakh frontline: Azerbaijan launches fresh raids despite relative peace
- 14:32Bodies of killed Armenian soldiers handed over to Armenian side mutilated - NKR State Commission on POWs, Hostages and Missing Persons
- 10:28Azerbaijan continues ceasefire violations
- 15:23Azerbaijan opens sporadic fire at Armenian positions in Tavush
- 10:00ICRC mediates search for killed Armenian, Azerbaijani soldiers: Armenian side finds two bodies
- 14:31Azerbaijan used weapons it has recently purchased from Russia - Serzh Sargsyan tells Medvedev
- 11:42Nagorno Karabakh Defense Ministry releases names of 36 killed soldiers
- 14:30All units fully manned – Seyran Ohanyan
- 11:34Azerbaijan makes sabotage attempt toward Karabakh village (PHOTOS)
- 09:58Karabakh army: Azerbaijan launched 2 sabotage attempts at night (PHOTOS)
- 09:00Mortar-shelling by Azerbaijan claims Armenian serviceman’s life
- 17:32Strength is in Armenians’ faith and readiness to defend their homeland at any cost – Serzh Sargsyan
- 13:44Chiefs of Armenian, Azerbaijani Joint Staffs reach ceasefire agreement in Moscow - Seyran Ohanyan
- 11:47Nagorno-Karabakh defense army releases photos of killed Azerbaijani troops
- 10:04Situation around Karabakh-Azerbaijan contact line
- 18:01Statement by the Minsk Group
- 15:20Artsakh: Two Sides Declare Halt to Hostilities as of Noon Today
- 14:25Armenian Defense Ministry spokesman publishes unexploded BM-30 Smerch photos
- 13:44Azerbaijan seeks propaganda success after heavy losses in battle
- 12:30Armenian serviceman wounded as border tensions continue
- 09:37Tension on Nagorno-Karabakh border: Azerbaijan uses Smerch rocket launcher (update)
- 09:33Karabakh FM interviewed by CNN: It’s not a matter of territories, it’s a matter of self-determination
- 20:10Azerbaijan hires terrorists – David Babayan
- 17:40Armenian captain destroys tank and dozen enemy soldiers, sacrifices himself by eliminating attack
- 16:23Armenian president vows to recognize Karabakh if aggression continues
- 15:30Drasticall fall of Azeri troops
- 14:21The Ombudsman of RA along with Armenian human rights lawyers has departed for the Republic of Nagorno Karabakh
- 14:18STATEMENT BY THE POLITICAL FACTIONS AND MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT NOT INCLUDED IN ANY FACTION OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA
- 12:33Arpine Hovhannisyan refers to Azerbaijani atrocities assessing them war crimes
- 11:43Nagorno-Karabakh reports heated clashes along frontline (updates)
- 11:33Tankian: Prompted by Erdogan, Aliyev took the bait
- 10:00Azerbaijan continues bombarding civilian settlements in Artsakh
- 18:34The NKR Armed forces is ready to bend and discuss the suggestion of fire suspension in the context of preliminary posts resortation
- 17:18Davit Tonoyan received military attaches of foreign embassies accredited in the RA
- 18:15Such an escalation of tension by Azerbaijan is fraught with unexpected consequences. NKR MFA Statement
- 18:08Human Rights Defender’s Statement on condemning the Attacks on Civilian Settlements and Civilians initiated by Azerbaijani Actions
- 18:06The Military Operations against Children are unacceptable: Human Rights Defender’s Statement
- 13:42Nagorno-Karabakh neutralizes 3 Azerbaijani tanks, 2 military helicopters and 2 drones – statement
- 12:36Nagorno-Karabakh army strikes deadly blow to Azerbaijani saboteurs
- 11:56One child killed, two wounded in intensive Azerbaijani armed raids
- 11:30NKR Army shoots down Azerbaijani helicopter
- 11:00Karabakh: Fresh fighting breaks out along line of contact with Azerbaijan
- 14:10Azerbaijan continued to violate ceasefire regime during weekend
- 11:24Quake jolts Armenia
- 11:39Azerbaijan fires grenade launcher on contact line
- 10:26Azerbaijan fires over 1,100 shots toward Armenian positions in one day
- 14:06Armenian soldier of Syrian Army killed during clashes with “Islamic State”
- 16:06Azerbaijan fired more than 400 shots at Artsakh last night
- 11:31Azerbaijan fired 1500 shots at Artsakh last night
- 14:45Another Azerbaijani subversive act prevented: Enemy sustains causalities
- 12:11Azerbaijan fired over 900 shots towards Artsakh last night
- 11:43Last night Azerbaijan used mortar against Artsakh
- 13:45Azerbaijan fired over 1100 shots during the weekend at Artsakh positions
- 11:00NKR Defense Ministry: Escalation on contact line was noted last night
- 11:16Azerbaijan fired 700 shots in Artsakh direction last night
- 14:54Defense Army troops confidently carry out their military duty
- 15:44Azerbaijan fired over 1200 shots during the weekend at positions in Artsakh
- 15:17Rentyerevan.com is already available
- 11:39Frontier troops of Defense Army gave relevant response to rival’s provocative actions
- 16:59Last night Azerbaijan fired 800 shots in the line of contact
- 12:18NASDAQ OMX Armenia Announced Best Member Awards 2015 Results
- 11:29Azerbaijan used grenade against Artsakh last night
- 12:52Azerbaijan fires more than 2500 shots toward Artsakh on weekend