- Viewed 19 times.Azerbaijan fired over 12,000 shots towards Armenian troops in a week
- Viewed 18 times.Attacks of rival silenced by Karabakh Defense Army
- Viewed 14 times.The State of Rio de Janeiro recognized the Armenian Genocide
- Viewed 11 times.Georgia’s earthquake shakes Armenia’s Tavush and Lori
- Viewed 7 times.Information on shooting down Armenian drone does not correspond to reality: Karabakh MoD
- Viewed 5 times.Karabakh Defense Army subdues rival’s attacks
- Viewed 5 times.Over 2800 shots fired towards Armenian frontiers at night: Karabakh MoD
- Viewed 4 times.Over 2700 shots fired towards Armenian frontiers at night: Karabakh MoD
- Viewed 2 times.Fireworks are to be temporally prohibited in inflammable areas
- Viewed 1 times.Azerbaijani Forces fire from mortars and grenade launchers towards Artsakh
- Viewed 1 times.Avicii collaborates with Serj Tankian
- Viewed 1 times.Mayor Taron Margaryan met with the head of the EU Delegation in Armenia, Ambassador Traian Hristea
Tiny, terrified orangutan baby is plucked to safety after he and his mother were found starving
Wide-eyed in fright, a baby orangutan tries his best to escape the clutches of a looming man, the Daily Mail reports.
He and his mother have been threatened with starvation by the expansion of palm oil plantations which are destroying their natural habitat in the Sumatran forest.
It's no surprise the sight of yet more humans has terrified them, but these ones have arrived to take them to safety.
The pair were found by rescuers in an isolated patch of woodland which was due to be cleared for more plantations.
More orangutans are being cut off, putting them at risk of food shortages or being captured for the pet trade.
Hanna Adcock was making a film for the UK charity Orangutan SOS when their partner organisation, the Orangutan Information Centre’s Human Orangutan Conflict Response Unit attempted the relocation in Aceh, North Sumatra.
She said: 'The safest way to save these animals is to tranquilize them and relocated them to a safe area.
'In this instance, the team first had to track and find the orangutan and move them to safer, less-dense area in order to be tranquilised.
'The team make noises to try and steer the orangutan into their desired location and there were spotters on the ground and up in the hills in order to ensure that we didn’t lose her.'
When the team finally got the chance, they shot the mother with a tranquiliser gun, but it took little effect so they had to wait until she tired enough to hit her again, this time with a blow pipe.
Hanna said: 'The mother was aggressive and struggled to hold on with everything she could as she grew weaker in the tree.
'As she was carrying a young male baby, the team believed she resisted falling and letting go even more as she thought that the fall would kill the baby.
'Eventually, the struggle was too much for the mother and she fell into the net.'
Medics made sure they had not suffered any spinal injuries or broken bones, but found two air rifle bullets under the mother's skin.
As the mother lay flat out on the ground, the baby cried out.
Once it was deemed safe, they taken off in 4x4 vehicles to a protected national park, where once the mother had come to, they were released.
- 16:31Azerbaijani Forces fire from mortars and grenade launchers towards Artsakh
- 16:28Avicii collaborates with Serj Tankian
- 13:11Karabakh Defense Army subdues rival’s attacks
- 13:07Mayor Taron Margaryan met with the head of the EU Delegation in Armenia, Ambassador Traian Hristea
- 15:41Information on shooting down Armenian drone does not correspond to reality: Karabakh MoD
- 10:46Over 2800 shots fired towards Armenian frontiers at night: Karabakh MoD
- 14:59Over 2700 shots fired towards Armenian frontiers at night: Karabakh MoD
- 14:46Fireworks are to be temporally prohibited in inflammable areas
- 14:52Attacks of rival silenced by Karabakh Defense Army
- 14:08Georgia’s earthquake shakes Armenia’s Tavush and Lori
- 16:07Azerbaijan fired over 12,000 shots towards Armenian troops in a week
- 11:51The State of Rio de Janeiro recognized the Armenian Genocide
- 13:46Over 2500 shots fired towards Armenian frontiers: Karabakh MoD
- 10:59Belgian Chamber of Representatives adopts resolution on Armenian Genocide
- 14:58Stepanakert calls on international community to express position on border tension
- 13:23Armed Forces of Armenia control situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border
- 10:47Co-Chairmen of OSCE Minsk Group leave for Baku to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution
- 10:14Last night rival shoots from mortars and grenade launchers for 1500 times: NKR Ministry of Defence
- 15:46Kim Kardashian on her visit to Armenia
- 12:58Rival shoots from 123 missile and other large caliber heavy machine guns more than 140 times: NKR, Ministry of Defense
- 16:13OSCE to conduct monitoring in Talish Village
- 10:33It was instructed to strengthen the control over sanitary cleaning
- 14:55Rival intensively violated ceasefire regime on July 18-19: Karabakh MoD
- 14:47Double Tree by Hilton hotel has opened in the capital
- 10:51James Warlick excited over Yerevan summer evening
- 14:41Azerbaijan violates ceasefire regime for 700 times in a week
- 15:47Discussion of the program of teaching Armenian to the children from Diaspora who arrived in Armenia within “Ari tun” project
- 12:37Armenian Genocide recognition is US Congresswoman’s duty before her mother’s memory
- 18:26Orange presents an innovative fixed and mobile “V-Office” convergent service for business customers
- 16:05Journey to Gyumri by “Gyumri Walking Tour” Mobile App
- 13:38Azerbaijani air forces activated: Nagorno-Karabakh Defense Army warns and alertly follows situation
- 11:09Azerbaijan violates ceasefire regime with Karabakh more intensively
- 09:20Jean-Claude Gaudin presented Taron Margaryan the recent achievements in Marseille development
- 14:56US law firm files lawsuit to return Armenia’s property in Turkey
- 11:32President Sargsyan signs a number of laws adopted by National Assembly
- 16:56Smugglers taking Iranian methamphetamine from Armenia to Japan are arrested
- 15:56The official delegation headed by Yerevan Mayor Taron Margaryan left for Marseille
- 15:35Serviceman with disabilities demobbed after meeting with Seyran Ohanyan
- 16:14Armenia to join Shanghai Cooperation Organization as partner
- 14:24Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs threatens Russian mass media
- 12:40Garo Palyan to file lawsuit against Turkish nationalist "hunting Armenians"
- 13:17Armenian tourists’ interest towards Egypt abruptly decreases
- 12:42Karabakh President speaks about Artsakh state-building at UK Parliament
- 16:40Ban on entering Russian Federation withdrawn for 2 thousand 600 citizens of Armenia
- 14:01Lonely tale of Nagorno-Karabakh, a self-proclaimed republic
- 13:11Karabakh President meets Armenian community in London
- 16:10US ready to continue working with Russia and France on Karabakh conflict
- 15:57Armenia’s delegation was in center of attention of mass media in European Games
- 14:15OSCE to conduct monitoring in Martuni direction
- 18:10Minsk Group Co-Chairs discussing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in Washington
- 17:59Armenia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry urges Armenians resting in Egypt to remain in rest zones
- 17:44Armenian-populated Aleppo appears in darkness for several days
- 14:29Police restored traffic on Baghramyan Ave: first cars passed
- 15:50Azerbaijan violates ceasefire regime for 300 times
- 14:35ANCA calls on Obama to assist in Karabakh settlement on Independence Day
- 16:15Free international and local SMS for Orange prepaid and monthly subscription customers
- 10:15Why the Armenian Spring Is Not Maidan 2.0
- 16:40Ornella Muti and Nastasya Kinski are guests of this year’s Golden Apricot
- 13:43Unprecedented video materials of survivors of Armenian Genocide discovered in US Congress library
- 10:37Russia to extend a state export credit of USD 200 million to Armenian
- 12:47Street protests against electricity prices continue in Armenia’s Yerevan for ninth day
- 11:19Minsk Group Co-Presidents to return to region soon
- 16:04Free eye care services being rendered to inhabitants of Lori region thanks to the joint initiative of Armenian Eye Care Project and Orange Foundation
- 15:26Electricity tariff to be subsidized by extra-budget means. Armenia’s Prime Minister
- 14:15Turmoil isn’t appropriate for our country, we should go our way with peace: Armenia’s Chief of Police
- 10:20Statement Of The Armenian Bar Association Concerning Certain Events On Protests In Yerevan
- 16:54Inter RAO denies information about sale of ENA
- 13:57Armenia’s Defense Minister visits Nakhchivan part of Armenian-Azerbaijani border
- 15:49Joshua Kucera: as Protests Continue In Yerevan, Russia Concedes To Armenia On Soldier Murder Case
- 15:09Armenia draws attention of Minsk Group to Azerbaijan’s destabilizing conduct
- 15:10Armenia: 'Electric Yerevan' protest continues as Russian propaganda blames US
- 13:04Kremlin Fears a Revolution in Armenia
- 12:04'Armenia is not a new Maidan. Please don't make it one'
- 11:16500 Syrian-Armenians arrive in Armenia in recent months
- 16:40Hovik Abrahamyan explains why it was necessary to increase electricity tariff
- 15:44Human Rights Watch urges to investigate actions of Police in Baghramyan Avenue
- 13:31Government to ease energy tariff rise effects to socially needy families
- 11:11Armenia’s Chief of Police visits Baghramyan Avenue
- 17:10Thousands Protest in Armenian Capital Amid Economic Hardship
- 15:31Protestors install parasols, police geid grillages on Baghramian Avenue: further steps unclear
- 12:15Protestors turned down offer to move to Freedom Square
- 11:38Armenian protests: Thousands rally against energy price hike
- 17:12Ban Ki-moon admonishes to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict peacefully
- 15:26Affordable holidays may be organized in Armenian hotels: tourism expert
- 10:58237 citizens detained by police
- 17:30Armenian-Iranian railway will help Armenia mitigate consequences of Turkish- Azerbaijani blockade
- 17:00Staphylococcus found in milk powder, imported from Ukraine
- 15:02American Armenian doctor proposes a new method of breast surgery
- 13:25European Games: Armenian sambo wrestler reaches semifinals
- 11:47Pope slams great powers over Armenian Genocide
- 16:56Armenian Youth Federation To Hold Demonstration At Azerbaijani Consulate
- 16:43Prime Minister Stephen Harper meets with members of the Armenian community in Toronto
- 15:34Azerbaijan violated ceasefire regime for 150 times in a week
- 11:13Armenian issue is Turkey’s internal policy problem
- 17:45NATO supports OSCE Minsk Group
- 17:10Schengen visa recipients’ biometric data to be recorded in central database in Armenia
- 11:30Prime Minister of Belgium recognizes Armenian Genocide on behalf of government
- 17:58Pianist Tigran Hamasyan supports those who suffered from Georgia flooding
- 16:35Closed Armenian-Turkish border on NATO PA Rose-Roth seminar agenda
- 15:18Armenia may get extra forces from CSTO in case of Karabakh conflict escalation: Bordyuzha