“The right of the people of Nagorno-Karabakh to self-determination is of strategic importance to us,” Nikol Pashinyan told TASS news agency Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan’s interview to BBC Newshour During the night the situation on the Artsakh-Azerbaijani conflict zone was relatively stable, but tense. In certain sections, artillery battles continue. The adversary is using aviation and artillery in the Northern section. Pitched battles are still taking place in the Southern front. The servicemen killed during the repulse of the Azerbaijani aggression Ankara’s actions in the Caucasus could also pose a threat to the EU, Armenia’s President Armen Sarkissian told Politico The claims of the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General that Armenia targeted the Baku-Novorossiysk oil pipeline are completely false and such lies do not merit any comments-Shushan Stepanyan Received today the parliamentary delegation of "Alternative for Germany"- Arayik Harutyunyan During the night, the situation in the Artsakh-Azerbaijani conflict zone, in general, was relatively stable-tense. Statement of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia 

Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow

Russia

Russian opposition and state figure, deputy of a regional legislature, the Yaroslavl city duma, Boris Nemtsov, was shot dead in downtown Moscow overnight to Saturday with four shots from a handgun from a car passing by him, law enforcement agencies said.
According to preliminary data, an unknown assailant made a few shots at Nemtsov when the latter was walking along the Bolshoy Moskvoretsky Bridge.

Nemtsov was a co-chair of the RPR-Parnas party. He had held a number of government positions in the 1990s.
Investigation
Russia’s Investigative Committee has opened a criminal case into the killing under articles 105 (murder) and 222 (illegal arms turnover) of the Russian Criminal Code.

An investigation is underway. An investigative group is working at the site.
Russian Interior Ministry spokeswoman Yelena Alexeyeva said Saturday six bullet cartridges had been discovered at the site where Nemtsov had been killed.
"Six cartridges have been found at the site. Four bullets hit Boris Nemtsov," Alexeyeva told journalists.

A law enforcement source said the murderer of Nemtsov had been spying on him.
Alexeyeva said manhunt activities were underway. The attacker escaped inside a white car, whose make is not named in the interests of the investigation.

"Nemtsov was walking with his female acquaintance who had arrived from Ukraine. They were strolling from St. Basil’s Cathedral toward the Bolotnaya Square," she said.

Investigators are currently questioning the woman who was walking side by side with him at the moment of the murder, but her identity is not disclosed in the interests of investigation either.
Senior aide to the head of the Main Investigative Department in Moscow Yulia Ivanova told TASS Investigators are considering all versions when probing into the murder and do not rule out it was a contract killing.
President Putin, PM Medvedev: reaction
Russian President Vladimir Putin was "immediately informed of Nemtsov’s murder in Moscow," and "the head of state instructed heads of the Russian Investigative Committee, Interior Ministry and Federal Security Service [FSB] to establish an investigative group and personally control the course of the crime’s investigation," Putin’s spokesman said Saturday.
"Putin noted that the violent murder bears the marks of a contract killing and is purely provocative," Dmitry Peskov said.
"The Russian president expresses deep condolences to the near and dear of Boris Nemtsov who tragically died," Peskov said.
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has expressed deep sincere condolences to the near and dear of Nemtsov, Medvedev’s spokeswoman Natalya Timakova said Saturday.

Deputies, politicians to closely follow investigation
Deputy speaker of the State Duma, the lower house of Russia’s parliament, Sergey Neverov said Saturday lawmakers will thoroughly follow the investigation into the murder of Nemtsov.
"I express condolences to all near and dear of Boris Nemtsov. I knew him personally as deputy prime minister in charge of the fuel and energy sector, as a deputy of the third-convocation State Duma. He was a lawmaker at the Yaroslavl regional duma," Neverov said.
"This was an insolent crime committed in the center of Moscow. And as State Duma lawmakers, we will closely follow the course of the investigation and I don’t doubt the criminals will be established and brought to justice," he said.

Yabloko party leader Sergey Mitrokhin called on Russian President Vladimir Putin to take Nemtsov’s murder under personal control. "This monstrous crime is connected with Boris Nemtsov’s political activity. This is a challenge to the opposition and the country’s leadership," he said.

Former finance minister Alexey Kudrin said Nemtsov’s murder is a tragedy for Russia. "It should be solved whatever it takes," Kudrin wrote on his Twitter page.
Former chairman of the RPR-Parnas party, one of whose leaders Nemtsov had been, Vladimir Ryzhkov, told TASS that he was shocked at what had happened.
"This is the third case after the murders of Galina Starovoitova and Sergey Yushenkov - the murder of a federal-scale politician," he said.

Co-chairman of RPR-Parnas Mikhail Kasyanov said he was also shocked. "Each oppositionist now needs society’s protection," he said.
US President Barack Obama condemned Nemtsov’s murder.
Opposition cancels March 1 event
Kasyanov told TASS the opposition has canceled a march scheduled for March 1 in southeastern Moscow’s Maryino District over Nemtsov’s death.

"The decision was adopted to cancel the March 1 march and appoint a mourning march in downtown Moscow," Kasyanov said. "We are interacting with the Moscow city hall on the issue."

Հետևե՛ք -ին Youtube-ում`
“The right of the people of Nagorno-Karabakh to self-determination is of strategic importance to us,” Nikol Pashinyan told TASS news agencyForeign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan’s interview to BBC NewshourDuring the night the situation on the Artsakh-Azerbaijani conflict zone was relatively stable, but tense. In certain sections, artillery battles continue.The adversary is using aviation and artillery in the Northern section. Pitched battles are still taking place in the Southern front. The servicemen killed during the repulse of the Azerbaijani aggressionAnkara’s actions in the Caucasus could also pose a threat to the EU, Armenia’s President Armen Sarkissian told PoliticoThe claims of the Azerbaijani Prosecutor General that Armenia targeted the Baku-Novorossiysk oil pipeline are completely false and such lies do not merit any comments-Shushan StepanyanSince the last update the new losses of Azerbaijan are: 9 UAVs, 12 armored vehicles, 150 casualties.Received today the parliamentary delegation of "Alternative for Germany"- Arayik HarutyunyanDuring the night, the situation in the Artsakh-Azerbaijani conflict zone, in general, was relatively stable-tense. Statement of the Foreign Ministry of ArmeniaAs a result of the aggression launched by Azerbaijan, secondary schools in the villages of Sotk and Kut, Gegharkunik region of Armenia, were damaged in recent days by the adversary’s drones.On the night of October 18-19, In particular, the city of Martuni as well as the communities of Urekan, Ishkhanadzor, Aygehovit and Vurgavan of Kashatagh region were shelled.Тhe Chairman of the National Assembly of the Republic of Artsakh Artur Tovmasyan received the deputies of the German Bundestag from the “Alternative for Germany” party and presented the state of the war unleashed by the triple alliance of Azerbaijan, TurkDavit Babayan, Advisor to the President of the Artsakh Republic on Foreign Relations to Lurer.com: „The enemy leaves many corpses in the fields, creating sanitary dangers.“During the night of October 16, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces have once again targeted Stepanakert-State Service for Emergency Situations of the NKROver the night, once again violating the humanitarian ceasefire, the Azerbaijani Armed Force struck with missiles at the civilian settlement of Artsakh, including the capital Stepanakert.Since the last update the new losses of Azerbaijan are: 5 UAVs, 2 armored vehicles, 1 plane, 150 casualties.David Babayan, Advisor on Foreign Relations to the President of the Artsakh Republic: “Pompeo says Turkey is an aggressor and US does not accept such behavior”․The mask of the Erdogan-Aliyev couple was torn.Baku dictator in an awkward situationWork is constantly ongoing to identify weapons, transport them to safe locations, and dispose. At this point, 32 civilian deaths and more than 100 injuries have been confirmed.Azerbaijan and Turkey must be taken responsible for bringing paid killers and fanatic jihadists to our region. President Armen Sarkissian’s interview to Al-JaridaThe servicemen killed during the repulse of the Azerbaijani aggressionSince the last update the new losses are: 4 UAVs, 5 armored vehicles, 1 plane, 350 casualties. A criminal case has been accepted in the Investigative Committee of the Artsakh Republic in accordance with Article 416, Part 1, Point 1, Article 416, Part 2, Point 6 of the Criminal Code of the Artsakh Republic. The investigation is underway.Relatively stable tension remained in the Artsakh-Azerbaijani conflict zone overnight-Shushan StepanyanPrime Minister Nikol Pashinyan petitioned the president to posthumously award the title of National Hero to the Commander of the N military unit, Vahagn Asatryan.Today, upon my decree, Minister of Defense of the Republic of Artsakh, Commander of the Defense Army, major-general Jalal Harutyunyan was conferred the military rank of lieutenant-general- Arayik HarutyunyanStatement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh Press conference of Artsrun Hovhannisyan, representative of the RA Ministry of Defense and Zareh Sinanyan, High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs.The number of killed civilians by the Azerbaijani aggression has reached 32How Turkey failed Aliyev. Baku was caught in its own trap The 14-year-old son, Narek, had to be rushed to Yerevan in serious condition with a shrapnel wounds and is currently in the resuscitation ward. Defense Army units take relevant actions to silence the enemy.Stepanakert today resembles German towns during WWII. President Armen Sarkissian’s interview to Bild13-year-old Robert, who was in a coma for 5 days, continues to be treated in the intensive care unitSince the last update the new losses are: 3 UAVs, 20 armored vehicles, 1 plane, 350 casualties.Terrorism at state level!At the time of the airstrikes civilians, including children, were in the church.The investigation is underway-Investigative Committee of the Artsakh RepublicOn October 14, the Azerbaijani armed force has targeted the military equipment on combat alert in the territory of the Republic of Armenia adjacent to the border with Qaravachar.Artsakh President to issue video message in coming hours The servicemen killed during the repulse of the Azerbaijani aggressionDestruction of an enemy tankSince the last update the new losses are: 5 UAVs, 7 armored vehicles, 1 plane, 220 casualties. It was a tense night in the cities of Askeran, Martuni and Martakert. There were no deaths or injuries.On the margins of his official visit to Russia, FM of Armenia Zohrab Mnatsakanyan is meeting with OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office.We completely deny the accusations against Armenia by the MoD of Azerbaijan of opening fire in the direction of Tartar. Approximate 673 Turkish and Israeli rocket-propelled grenades have already been found in Stepanakert alone.In the wake of war crimes. what awaits the Erdogan-Aliyev tandem?
Most Popular